Monday, July 30, 2007

Mother, Daughter Bonding Time!

On Friday, my wonderful mother drove down to Ft. Worth to pick me up so we could take a girls road trip to Houston to go to Jenny's(a friend from high school)wedding. Before we left Ft. Worth we grabbed lunch at Olive Garden(our favorite place)! We had their salad, bread, and soup-yummy! Then, we hopped in the car and our three and a half hour road trip began! We actually stayed with an old, neighbor friend Nelda who lives in the Woodlands(really beautiful with all the trees). Growing up she lived across the street from us. Then, once I got into high school they moved to Texas. I have wonderful memories of Nelda baking cookies and cakes for us and my sister and I were always running back and forth from our house to hers. She has two daughters, Brandi(4 yrs. older than me) and Amber(6 yrs. older than me). Brandi is married to Jimmie and has a six year old daughter Jayden(such a beautiful little girl). Amber is married to Chris and they have twin girls(Carly and Kate)that are 4 years old and full of tons of energy! My mom and I had such a great time catching up on life with Nelda and her girls and remembering funny memories from the past!! Here's a couple of funny memories: Nelda would hold me down on her couch and pop my toes(when I was little)and I would be screaming and she would be laughing at me! Another story is that I was terrified of her older daughter Amber and thought she was mean because she would always scream at me for ringing the doorbell and not just walking on in! Those where the good ol' days!!
Saturday night was Jenny's wedding. She got married at the Burkeshire Plantation. It was a beautiful outside wedding and Jenny was a beautiful bride! The food and dancing were great, too! A couple of Duncan girls that I went to high school with were there and my mom had a couple of ladies her age from Duncan that were there, too. It was fun to catch up on things with them! The coolest part was dancing with my mom and all her friends!! Congrats Jenny and Michael as you start a new chapter in your lives! May God bring many wonderful blessings your way!!

3 comments:

Tara =) said...

What a fun night! So good to see you there!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have been having all kinds of fun! It was good catching up earlier today!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got to share this special day with me. Thanks for making the trip down. It was wonderful seeing you! Brought back old times. Your blog is so neat. When I read your entries I hear your voice and expressions coming out. Talk to you soon!