Monday, July 23, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy Me!!

I apologize now for the late up date on what's been going on in the life of ADB, but I've been sooo busy that I haven't even had time to type a new post(how sad is that). So, here's an update on my crazy(but good), busy life!
For those of you who don't know, I'm learning a second language-espanol. Me llamo Amanda.(My name is Amanda.) Estoy un poco cansada.(I am a little tired.) Mi favorito de color es morado.(My favorite color is purple.) Muy me gusta el helado!(I really like ice cream!) Today, I had my first exam-I feel pretty confident that I did muy bueno! I should, lately I feel like my life is espanol!
Also, last week I had Upward Basketball Camp. I coached a Kindergarten-1st grade team. We had camp every night from 6:00-9:00, this made for a long day, but was well worth it! I had 9 enthusiastic, eager, little ones! I coached two of them last summer, so it was fun to have them on my team for a second time. As far as b-ball goes my kiddos came a long way as the week went on in their skills of the game. I had a couple of all-stars(Samantha and Maggie) on my team! The rest were doing good to run down the court, dribble the ball, shoot the ball in the right goal, and get back down the court and find their person to guard(they had great defensive stands-looked so cute)! I was so proud of my team when it came to our scrimmage times-they out scored the other team every time(no one kept the official score-but I kept one in my head)! Also, I was impressed with my kiddos knowledge of the Bible. The majority of my kids had already accepted Jesus into their hearts and attended church some where-Praise the Lord! Our devotional times were so good and the kids did an AWESOME job at learning their memory verse(they all knew it by the end of the week-hand motions and all, too cute)! The highlight of the week happened on Friday night when two of my little boys(Daniel and David) accepted Jesus into their hearts! That right there makes camp worth it and is what it is all about!! Here's a funny story from camp: I had the cutest, little, Asian boy on my team and one night he looked up at me and asked "are you Asian"? I looked at him and couldn't help but laugh and said "no, why do you think I'm Asian? I'm Native American". He said, "you look Asian in your face". For the rest of the week every time he saw me he would always tell me I'm Asian, but I would always tell him no, I'm Native American. Kids are sooo funny!!
I had a great week at camp and God truly used these little ones to bless my life!

1 comment:

Liz said...

i bet you're the best coach ever! no wonder your kiddos outscored the other ones...and who knew? you have a rich multicultural background!

hasta!