Sunday, August 5, 2007

L.I.T. Sleep Over or Lack of Sleep!

This past Friday night I had my L.I.T. girls over for a sleep over. We had so much fun, but hardly got any sleep! The party got started around 6:30 at my house. For dinner we had pizza delivered-what's a get together without pizza! After we got our tummies full, the teacher in me came out, and we had craft time. We decorated picture frames. The girls really did a great job on their frames and we had so much fun decorating them! After craft time we moved on to game time. One of the girls brought Scene It Nick. I was horrible at this game because all the questions were from Nick programs that I've never heard of or for that matter watched. But the girls were AWESOME at this game and loved it! Here's a funny story from game time: the only question I got even close to answering I answered in Spanish. My question was, what did the sign say that was above the desk? My answer was "el copo". At this all the girls burst out into hysterical laughter! The correct answer was the city police. I think that they should have totally counted my answer, but since I failed to say "el copo de cuidad" they said it was wrong-whatever! After game time, we were all hungry again, so we had cookies and ice cream(my favorite)for dessert. Thanks to Mrs. Amy(an L.I.T. mom and my wonderful new friend, who volunteered to stay the night with us)for making the delicious cookie cake and bringing the ice cream!! Next, we got our p.j.'s on and got comfy. We watched The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants(one of my fav. movies). It's a great friend movie-kinda sad though! Around 3 a.m., yes 3, the girls finally decided that sleep would be nice-yeah!! The girls all slept in the den, on couches and the floor, and I went to sleep in my nice bed. The next morning we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast(easy for me since I don't cook). Parents came to pick up their kiddos around 10 that morning. I had such a great time with my girls, but realize that I'm not as young as I used to be and not going to bed until 3 a.m. really took a tull on me-I was totally exhausted and couldn't wait to take a nap! A BIG shout goes out to all the parents of my L.I.T. girls for having such wonderful girls and thanks again, Mrs. Amy, for joining in on all the fun!!

No comments: