Thursday, July 12, 2007

My Trip to Cali...Elizabeth(Liz)You are the BEST!!!

Elizabeth, thanks soo much for being the hostess with the mostess!! Thanks for picking me up and taking me back to the airport! Thanks for cooking for me! Thanks for letting me crash at your casa for a week! Thanks for planning a different adventure daily! Most of all thanks for being the sweet friend that you are! I had soo much fun hanging out with you and your adorable daughter,Carly, for a week and miss the both of you like crazy!!!
So, here's the short version of my trip to CA-see Elizabeth's blog:www.fischpond.blogspot.com for an in depth daily report of all the fun we had!
I left for Cali on July 1. It was a very long day of travel. My flight was to depart at 2:30; however, due to a storm that decided to come through, I had to sit on the plane for an hour before we actually took off. It wasn't that bad because I got to watch a movie. As a result of my flight not leaving on time, it made me miss my connecting flight in SLC, so I had to wait in the airport for 2 hrs. Very long day of travel-did I mention the fact that I was already extremely tired because I had just gotten back from a mission trip the day before! Anyway, I got to San Diego around 8:30 that night. Pretty much all day Monday was a rest day-it was so nice. I got to go on a nice run around the base-perfect running weather! Then, Tuesday all our crazy adventures began. We took the kiddos to Old Town, the Aquarium, and the beach to see the sea lions. Wednesday we went to the Outlet Mall(I think that I bought out the GAP store), went to a 4th of July barbecue and tried to watch fireworks that night(this was hard due to a HUGE CLOUD). Thursday, we took the kiddos to Sea World and what a day that was!!! Friday, we went to the San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park-way cool. Later, that night we got a baby sitter for Carly, and Elizabeth and I went to the San Diego Symphony Summer Pops for an outdoor concert along the bay. We had such a good time!!! Saturday, we went and ate breakfast at one of Elizabeth's favorite places-Pannikan. It was the cutest place and the food was yummy! Then, we walked along the bay and looked at all the really BIG BOATS. My trip finally came to an end when Elizabeth dropped me off at the airport. So sad! I had such a great time! I can't say the same thing about my flight home. About 30 mins. before my flight landed in SLC we ran into some bad weather and I got really sick on the plane!! I was so glad for that plane to finally land. Luckily, I had time to grab something to eat and feel better before I departed for DFW. I arrived back in Ft. Worth(my home sweet home)on July 7th around 8:30 p.m. I need to send a BIG THANKS OUT to my dearest friend Yates who took me to the airport and picked me up-THANKS SOO MUCH!!! It's soo good to be back!

2 comments:

Liz said...

You are SO sweet - I love you so much, even though I'm sort of mad (not really) at you for putting up the fat picture of me with the stripes. Oh well. Haha, KIDDING - we had such a blast, right? I wish you guys lived closer!

I didn't know your flight home stunk - I'm so sorry!

THIS IS THE GREATEST POST EVER and I love your blog!

Carly says she wants her Beeda and she says she loves you!!! We all love you! =)

ADB said...

Oh-please-you could never look fat! So, when are you guys relocating to Cowtown? I miss you guys too!
Love ya!