Tuesday, June 5, 2007

An Afternoon With My Parents!!

My parents came down to Ft. Worth this past Sunday to visit me and drop off some shelves they built to go in my bathroom. The shelves are a perfect fit and even though my parents aren't big carpenters they did an awesome job! Way to go Mom and Dad!!
My parents treated me to luch at Salt Grass. I tried to treat them in return for the awesome shelves, but like most parents they would not have that! Next, we were off to do some shopping-my favorite thing to do. My Mom and I got a couple of pairs of cute shoes. My poor Dad just sat on a bench outside of the stores waiting patiently(like most men)for my Mom and I to finish up. After that we headed to the beautiful Botanic Gardens. We wanted to go to the Japanese Gardens but they were closed due to Concert In the Gardens. I've wanted to go to this since Ames lived at her apt. on 7th Street. Hopefully, I'll get to go sometime this month. We also wanted to walk through the rose garden but that was closed to due to CITG. Must be a pretty awesome concert!! Wouldn't know, though!!! So we ended up just walking around the grounds. We still got to see some pretty flowers, though. After being out in the heat we headed back to my house to have a nice, cold glass of lemonade-it really hit the spot! Then my parents headed back to OK. I had a great time with them!! Thanks for building me some shelves.

1 comment:

Yates said...

dude! i think my sister can get free tickets to the concert! lets go! i love the pic of you & your parents & the flowers. too funny.