Friday, June 15, 2007

Way Too Much Six Flags!!

I have been to Six Flags a total of 3 times in my entire life and two of those times have been within the last week. If you don't know me- I'm not a roller coaster kinda girl. I have a weak stomach and I'm scared of heights- not a good combination for an enjoyable day at Six Flags! However, this past Sat. I went to have some fun (I think-yes) with friends. Due to my free Book Club Reading ticket I got from school(thanks to my students for reading and joining the club)I was able to get in for free,yes free! I would never pay full price bc I don't really ride roller coasters and it would be a total waste of money for me. Any way I took my Bonine(motion sickness med.)and was good to go. I rode more rides than I ever have before-which isn't saying alot. We started off with AqauMan(water, bridge, soak and wet),then rode the Mine Train, did the BIG Tower, the Rapids(also a wet ride), the Bob Sled Ride, Log Ride, Old Cars(more fun when I was little and couldn't drive), and Runaway Mountain. I totally got tricked onto this ride-thanks Rach, Scott, and Eric! Runaway Mountain is a coaster, inside a tall mountain, that you ride in the dark. They told me that it was fun and that I would like it. WRONG!! WRONG!! WRONG!! Remember, I don't do roller coasters and this was a roller coaster with the big drops and twirling curves and it didn't help that it was in the dark bc I still had my eyes closed and I still didn't like it at all!! Luckily, that was the last ride for me on that day bc it really got my stomach and I probably wouldn't have trusted them on the other rides. After I left Rach, Scott, and Eric went on the scary, big rides like Batman and Mr. Freeze-their crazy!!
Day 2 at Six Flags was this past Thurs. I went with the children's ministry at Travis. Thank goodness that I went earlier in the week bc I was in charge of a group of five girls and it came in handy knowing my way around the park and knowing ahead of time what rides I could ride and those I shouldn't. I had a great time with my girls and they weren't that crazy about riding roller coasters either, so we enjoyed the same kind of rides-little, non-scary, not fast ones. We did ride the AquaMan like 5 million times and got totally soaked!! It was great!!
I had fun on my two outings to Six Flags this summer, but I think this will be my fix for the next five years or the rest of my life!! For those of you who are roller coaster people you don't have to worry about me being ahead of you in line!

No comments: