Sunday, May 27, 2007

School's Out for the Summer!!

Well, another school year has come and gone. I have finished up my 5th year at Westcreek Elementary. Oh, my gosh, I can't believe that I have been teaching for 5 years! I feel so old!! This has been a great school year, but I really didn't get all emotional about my class leaving and moving on like I have in the past. Don't get me wrong I had a good class and got close to a few kids and their parents, but over all my class was different this year. I think this was due to a couple of major discipline problems I had to deal with. I guess I will have classes like this from time to time. Hopefully, I touched each one of my student's lives is some way, I know that each student touched my life and will hold a special place in my heart!
After the long, last week of school, some teacher friends and I went to Pappasito's for Happy Hour to celebrate the ending of a long school year! I had such a fun time!It's so nice to have good friends that you work with-I feel so blessed!
Well, I do have to report back to work on Tues. to close up my room, but no kids will be there. Then, I have Wed. off and Summmer School will start on Thurs. I am teaching K- S.S. I really enjoy S.S. bc it is half a day from 8 to 12-which means in the afternoon I can still lay by the pool, I have a smaller amount of students that I work with, it's only the month of June(I think I would get bored w/o it), and not to mention the pay is great!! I love being a teacher!!! I love my summer vacation time!!!

1 comment:

Pidgeon said...

Well Congrats on the time off! I know you are like me - I have to teach SS or I would get totally bored - PLUS the girls have swimming, gymnastics and dance camps to keep them busy the whole month so I need something besides VBS decorations to keep me busy although that could turn into a full time job!! Anyway, have a fun summer - I put up pics of MG and Juli in their dance recital- so much fun but lasted 3 hours!! Lots of dances!! Happy SUMMER ADB!!!