Tuesday, July 22, 2008

SHINE, SEE, GLORIFY!!!

"Let your light SHINE before men in such a way that they might SEE your good works, and GLORIFY your Father who is in heaven." Matt. 5:16



This was the verse on the back of our L.I.T. shirts and is the core verse behind the L.I.T. program. This is exactly what happened this past week when Travis and Wedgewood combined to do mission work in San Marcos, TX. God showed up BIG time and was GLORIFIED!!! Our 4th, 5th, and 6th grade boys and girls lead other children to Christ. It was truly AMAZING!! We had 9 different sites that we were doing VBS work at. A couple of days before we left for the trip God really opened a door for us to be able to go into the Boys and Girls Club. At this site alone there were around 70 kids. This is the site were my team along with 2 other teams worked. These boys and girls were so hungry to have what our boys and girls had and to know more about Christ. It was SO AMAZING to see God at work in this place and to see lots of kids come to know him as their Lord and Savior! At the different sites our boys and girls were in charge of everything. They lead praise and worship, memory verse station, Bible Study, games, crafts, and were counselors. It was so AMAZING to see God use 4th, 5th, and 6th graders to reach other children! Over the entire week around 91 kiddos came to know Christ as their Lord and Savior through ministering at the different sites-GOD WAS GLORIFIED BIG TIME!!! I am so PROUD of our boys and girls and how they let Christ use them this past week! In my own life these boys and girls really challenge me to do the same.



These were some kiddos that I became really close to.
Tasiyan and I...I could never get enough of her!

Amanda and I...we had an instant connection because of our names. She had so many questions about God. I talked with her on Tuesday and she wasn't ready yet. Her first question to me was "How can God be real when he didn't answer my prayer for my mom to call me?" She lives with her aunt and uncle because her mom is wanted in 2 different states. This broke my heart! We talked a really long time that day and I told her that I would pray for her before I went to bed and first thing when I woke. The next day as soon as we got there she runs up to me and says that she is ready! Amanda asked the Lord to be her personal Lord and Savior-Praise God!!!
Kaitlyn and I...we started praying for her on day one because she had such a sad face. By Friday she accepted the Lord as her Savior! God is good!!

If you think about it say a special prayer for all the boys and girls of San Marcos who are baby Christians. Pray for their spiritual growth!

6 comments:

Liz said...

that looks like so much fun! great photos...don't forget to kodak gallery them!!! =)

Mary Ann said...

Looks like you all had an amazing time, despite the sickness. I saw you guys Sunday night at Wedgwood, but couldn't find you afterwards to say hi.

ADB said...

E-
i have like a million i still have to do=)

Mary Ann-
sorry i missed you=(

Kylene said...

WOW! You have been a part of such amazing things lately! I'm glad that God has blessed you through these children and your service. What a testimony to you and your faith!

S+S Kline said...

Wow! Praise the Lord! It sounds like an incredible trip...so glad that you were able to be part of it!

Nicole said...

You look adorable and it looks like you had a wonderful time on your trip. I'm so excited to see that you are still so involved in global work with kids - that's such a gift God's given you! Many blessings to you. Nicole