Friday, June 6, 2008

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR THE SUMMER!



School's out for the summer...EXCEPT for the fact that I'm teaching summer school...but that doesn't really count! I LOVE TEACHING PERIOD, but summer school is my favorite because it's only half a day and I get to work with a smaller number of students, plus the pay is really good. Where can I find a job like that during the regular school year, if you hear of one let me know!

I can't believe that I've completed my sixth year of teaching! Time sure flies bye...it seems like just yesterday I was starting my first year of teaching(thank goodness I survived my first two years). As I reflect on this year, I am so thankful that I had such a wonderful class;however, this year was one of the most challenging years of my teaching profession so far! I was faced with the challenge of having an autistic child in my classroom. I've never had to face this kind of challenge before and boy did Ms. Bailey learn A LOT! I LOVE WORKING WITH CHILDREN and this is one of the many reasons why: my students taught me how to truly love and accept all children. Even on the days I got frustrated with my "little friend", it was my students who showed and taught me how to love him any way. As a class we truly grew to love him and he grew to love us, too! Even though this year was challenging and hard I feel like it has taught me so many things and I believe that I am a better teacher from this experience so I wouldn't trade it for anything! This class and this "little friend" will always hold a special place in my heart!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ive read this topic for some blogs. But I think this is more informative.

Liz said...

You are an AWESOME teacher!!!

LF was lucky to have you! =)

Hooray for summer school half-days and laying out in the afternoons - have you turned on your AC yet???

Kylene said...

YEA for summer! I'm so glad to be done with this year. It was very challenging...not necessarily b/c of students for me, just all the extra stuff. I really enjoyed my class this year too. I had some sweet, sweet students who I will miss a lot. Have fun earning big bucks! It will be nice!