Sunday, June 22, 2008

GUATEMALA...THANKS!!!

Dear Family and Friends,

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your prayer and/or financial support! I leave in 7 days to go on my mission trip to Guatemala. I leave June 28 and return July 6. I am VERY EXCITED about what the Lord has in store for my team, the orphans and caretakers, and myself while in Guatemala!!

Financially, the Lord has answered my prayers in abundance! God is so FAITHFUL! As I prepare for and then participate in this mission trip, I covet prayers. I cannot minister effectively without your prayer support during this time.

Here are my prayer request concerning my involvement with this mission project:
God will continue to prepare and equip me to serve Him, the people of Guatemala, and the members of my team.
God will fill me with a boldness to share His love with the people of Guatemala and the members of my team.
God will prepare the hearts of the children and other people I come in contact with in Guatemala.
Unity for our team.
Safety in travel.
Physical, mental, and emotional strength.
Personal relationships with team members and children.
Spiritual growth
Positive attitudes
Wisdom
That we become vessels of Christ's love for the children to see and understand.
Overall ministry of Buckner Orphan Care International.

THANK YOU so much for all your prayers! I look forward to sharing with you all that the Lord will do in Guatemala!

In Christ,
Amanda

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

No comments: