Wednesday, June 18, 2008

PSALM 18

As my trip to Guatemala(leave the 28th)gets closer, it seems like the enemy has been attacking me(the past couple of days)in a couple of different areas in my life. It's funny how that works-usually the enemy comes at us the hardest when we are trying to do God's will. I also think that God is trying to teach me something right now(really not sure as to what that is yet)but I'm trying to be still and quiet before Him. Anyway, as I opened up the word this morning God brought me to these verses to meditate on and they brought me such comfort and hope. May they do the same for you!

I love you, O Lord, my strength.

The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my
stronghold.
I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and I am saved from my enemies.
vs. 1-3
As for God, his way is perfect;
the word of the Lord is flawless.
He is a shield
for all who take refuge in him.
For who is God besides the Lord?
And who is the Rock except our God?
It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he enables me to stand on the heights.
He trains my hands for battle;
my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
You give me your shield of victory,
and your right hand sustains me;
you stoop down to make me great.
You broaden the path beneath me,
so that my ankles do not turn.
vs. 30-36

No comments: