Monday, November 17, 2008

Bee Thankful!

Today I am so thankful: I AM THANKFUL THAT I'M NOT ALLERGIC TO BEE STINGS!

So here's the story: I was on recess duty today minding my own business, watching the kiddos, and talking with another teacher. Then, along comes this bee and it is swarming around the side of my head near my sunglasses. I shoe-d it away with my hand. I thought that the bee had totally gone away because I no longer saw it. Well, about 2 seconds later I FELT THIS HORRIBLE STING! The sneaky little bee totally crawled into my hair and stung me behind my ear-OUCH!! I had to go see nurse Nelms and she took very good care of me. The bee's stinger was still in my ear and she had to remove it. She asked me if I wanted to keep it, but I said NO and laughed. I'm so thankful that it just stung for about an hour and that the whole side of my face didn't swell up or my ear fall off =) Poor little bee...no more buzzing around for him!!

FYI if you ever get stung by a bee put a penny on it...it takes the sting away...it really works!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha...i've heard you tell this story twice and i've read it twice now...and it still makes me laugh so hard. this is going to go in the books as one of my favorites! see you manana..i'll probably be "shoe-ing" the kiddos away..4 more days!! woohoo!