Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What A Memorable Memorial Day!


Yesterday, I celebrated Memorial Day with some good friends in Granbury. We took the boat out for some fun on the Granbury lake...and from there things got a little crazy! First, I will tell you what I told my mom, "just listen(or read)and laugh at the end of my story because I totally know that I didn't make smart decisions." So here goes I along with two of my friends decided to ride in the back of the boat to the lake. I know...wasn't really thinking...not a smart decision on my part. So as we pulled into the parking lot to unload the boat a cop follows us and turns on his lights. Basically, here's the short version, it's totally against the law and Jonathan(the driver)could have been taken to jail for in dangering our lives. Did I mention that the cop was a JERK and totally treated us like teenagers and gave us a 20 minute lecture on safety! Hmm...maybe we all needed that lecture, but not the ATTITUDE! Once, we finally got on the water we pulled up to a dock(higher than most docks)so Jonathan could take Ann(his dog)up on the shore for a restroom break. As he and Ann got off and onto the dock Jonathan says,"watch out for the side of the boat so it doesn't hit the dock". Right as he said it the boat hit the dock and shattered the side glass window of the boat! I know...what else could possibly go wrong. Well, after we cleaned up the glass, the boat decides it doesn't want to start. We probably should have headed back home right after we got the boat started because at the rate we were going we're lucky somebody didn't get hurt. But we decided to take our chances at tubing and had a BLAST! I got a little beat up and have some pretty bruises from the ride, but had so much FUN!! Here's my second not so smart decision of the day: I chose not to put on ANY sunscreen(usually I don't burn). Really regretting that decision today because I have HUGE blisters on my shoulders and really bad burns on my thighs. NOT SMART AMANDA, NOT SMART(now I will probably end up with skin cancer)! After the lake we headed to have some Mexican food, shoot off rockets at the track field(Melissa is a science teacher at the high school and she had left over rockets from last week's project) and play games at Jonathan's place. I had a very memorable Memorial Day and had so much fun hanging out with good friends!
What a stud...Jonathan showing off his MASSIVE MUSCLE!

Watch out for the flying rocket!

Fun times in Granbury!!

4 comments:

Liz said...

you look so beautiful in your bathing suit! all that running paid off, girl - what a hottie!

Anonymous said...

What a cute hat, you look great! I am glad that you had such a fun time. It sounds like a blast. Wish I could have been there.

S+S Kline said...

Amanda! You look beautiful! You seem like you are just having a blast...wish I could come for a visit...maybe one of these days! :) It's so nice being able to check your blog for updates...hope all is well! Miss you!

Kylene said...

Wahoo...too bad it wasn't Justin who pulled you over. He would NOT have given you attitude, just some grief!

haha