Sunday, May 18, 2008

Guatemala

Dear Family and Friends,

I want to tell you about an adventure. I have a fabulous opportunity to return to Guatemala this summer and work with orphans doing a Vacation Bible School Program. I was in Guatemala the summer of 2004 doing this same kind of work at Xela and I am so EXCITED to be going back! God has opened this door for me to return and I will be working at the same orphanage in Xela. I will be a part of a team from Buckner helping to share Christ to the orphans as well as their caretakers. How exciting it will be to see lives transformed for God's glory! I leave June 28 and return July 6.

I would love for you to go on this adventure with me through your support. Every team member is responsible for raising funds and having a team of prayer supporters for this ministry experience. I would be so grateful for your investment in this mission opportunity. If you would like to support me financially please make checks payable to Buckner International and mail it to my home address:
Amanda Bailey
4808 Overton Av.
Ft. Worth, TX 76133

I look forward to sharing with you all that the Lord will do in Guatemala. Eternity will never be the same!

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27

Here are a few pics from my trip in 04'.

5 comments:

Glo said...

YEAH ADB! How exciting! I am so glad you are getting to return to Guatemala. Things at Xela have changed a lot since you were last there! You will be shocked!

Praying for you!

ADB said...

Now, you have me all curious...are the changes for the better...I hope! Thanks for your prayers!

Glo said...

Yes, the changes are definitely for the better. They have an awesome playground and GRASS!

ADB said...

YAY-that's so EXCITING!

Kylene said...

We'll be home the 23rd and will just miss each other! I'm excited for you! I really enjoyed my VBS mission trip to Ireland. I worked with preschoolers, which was a big challenge, but it was fun. Praying for you!