Sunday, May 25, 2008

THE BIG 95


Today I meet my family in Ardmore to have an early b-day celebration for Howard. Howard is my adopted grandpa(he dated my grandma for 18 years-too cute). He is turning the BIG 95 tomorrow. HAPPY 95TH BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! We took Howard out to eat at the BEST catfish place,Bill's,on this side of the river(Red River). Afterwards, we had cake in the dining room of his assisted living and a few of his friends came to enjoy a delicious pineapple upside down cake that my mom made for him(his favorite). Here's a funny story: I asked Howard(like 5 times before he heard it all)for some words of wisdom and this is what he said, "I don't have any, they have all left me. By the time you hit 95 you can't remember a thing." Howard has played such a huge role in my life. When I was in elementary school he always came with my grandma to Grandparent's Day and my sister and I thought it was so cool to say this is my grandma and her boyfriend Howard! I also remember him coming to all my sporting events. He has been a true grandpa to me because he loves me and has always been in my life to support and encourage me! HAPPY 95TH BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!!

1 comment:

Kylene said...

So neat to finally "meet" Howard. How amazing to live a full life of 95 years!