Saturday, March 1, 2008

KIDS BLITZ!

Last night(Friday)Travis Avenue's L.I.T.'s(Leaders In Training-5th and 6th grade boys and girls)performed their very first KIDS BLITZ at George C. Clark Elementary. Let me just tell you all their hard work payed off-they did an AMAZING JOB! I don't know the exact number of boys and girls who attended, but the cafeteria was packed out with parents and their children. Some of you might be asking what a Kids Blitz is? The L.I.T. program is broken into different ministry teams which include: Dowel/Drama/Video Team, Puppet Team, Music Team, and Tech Team. These 5th and 6th grade boys and girls put on a program that presented the Gospel to their peers. That's what L.I.T. is all about-teaching the children how to go out and share their faith and lead their peers to Christ! The night started off with free pizza for everyone-yum! Then, the Drama Team performed their basketball(glow in the dark)skit to the song Shine. Next, the Puppet Team performed thier skit to the song Hallelujah. Then, the Praise and Worhip Team performed songs God is Bigger, Take it All, More Love, More Love. Puppet Team came back on with ABC's skit. Drama Team performed Who Want's To Be A Christian? Puppets performed Here I am to Worship. Worship team performed song Indescribable. Then, Brother Scott presented the Color Book(Gospel presentation). Then, the Praise team came back on with Open the Eyes of My Heart and Take It All. The night was a HUGE SUCCESS and most of all in brought GLORY to the Lord!!! I am so PROUD of our L.I.T. boys and girls-you did an AWESOME JOB!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear about how God is using these kids! I wish I could have been there. I know it was amazing!