Monday, March 24, 2008

SPRING BREAK FUN!!!

This past week and today are my last days =( of Spring Break. Where has the week gone? It's gone by so fast! So here's a summary of my fun, relaxing week(hopefully, I don't bore you). Monday(St. Patty's Day-did you wear green?)Kylene, Rach, and I got Mary Kay facials-so fun(sorry, I have no pics of this)! Afterwards, we went to lunch at the Tea Room in the Antique Mall on Montgomery St. OMG- for those of you who haven't eaten at the Tea Room, so recommend it, you'll love it! Thanks Kylene for making me go! Elizabeth, I can't wait to take you when you come for your visit! Tuesday night, I went Swing Dancing with a group of friends from BSF. So much fun! For those of you who don't know the Southside Preservation Hall has Tuesday Swing Dance Lessons and the cost is only $5-so recommend this activity, cheap and fun! Then, on Wednesday, I headed to OK, but not before I made a u-turn to see my two favorite people-Ames and Simon-had to get my Simon fix! It was so great to spend some time with you Ames and I loved holding sweet baby Simon-he's getting so big! Then, I was finally off to OK to spend some quality time with my family and friends. Thursday, I got to spend some time with Teri and took 4 boxes of teacher files off her hands(thanks a lot)! Teri is pregnant and baby Abbigail is coming at the first of April(if she can wait that long)so Teri isn't going back to work and was cleaning out her room. Here's a funny story: Chris(Teri's husband)calls and says that we need to drive bye and see this accident. A turkey(yes, a BIG TURKEY)has flown right into a cars windshield. Let me just tell you the entire passenger's side wind shield was shattered! Teri and I are driving along the Duncan Bypass and see a van on the side of the road with a shattered wind shield and a little further down we see a BIG TURKEY dead along side the road. What a site-I almost got out of my car to take a pic, but didn't want to be the cause of another accident! So, driver's beware in Duncan for flying TURKEYS!!! This is the second flying turkey accident reported in the last several months-yikes! Then, on Friday, I headed to Lawton, to have lunch and hang out with my old college roommate and bf Amber. We had so much fun catching up on life! Later that night, at my parent's house, we had a cook out with some family friends. We had hot dogs and smores and played Speed UNO-what a blast! Saturday, I pretty much just relaxed and worked on some teacher stuff. Over all my SB has been fun and relaxing and I can't believe it's almost over and I have to go back to work tomorrow...

2 comments:

Liz said...

oh! simon IS getting so big! and i'm loving the photo of you dancing...it makes your legs look even longer than they already are!!!

i'm SO glad you had a nice relaxing spring break and i hope you're getting all of your to-do's checked off!

love ya!

Liz said...

HAHAHAH

Oh my gosh!!! The turkey story!!!

Well, they can't say nothing exciting ever happens in Southwestern Oklahoma! =)