Friday, August 29, 2008

I SURVIVED...JUST KEEP SWIMMING!!!

I survived my first week back at school!!! This week has seemed like one of the longest weeks OF MY LIFE!!! to Miss Bailey's Class! This is how my furniture looked(all in a big pile)before I set up my classroom.

This is the wall outside my classroom where I will display my student's best work(the monkeys have clips on them). Thanks E for the cute motto!My classroom ready for FUN AND LEARNING!

The home living center...I added a palm tree this year and the kids love it! This is the word wall where I will post high-frequency words for my students to use in their writing.
This is where I post class news...it is empty now, but just wait as the year goes on.
My motto for this school year is JUST KEEP SWIMMING!!! Thanks Ames for the motto and reminding me about one of our favorite movies=) JUST KEEP SWIMMING, SWIMMING, SWIMMING is what I'm going to be singing to myself A LOT until Sept. 8th roles around. I have 26 five year olds in my room and will until the early childhood department makes a decision about what to do with ALL THOSE KIDDOS! I have a great group of kids this year, but 26 is too many for one classroom and one teacher(who do they think I am- SUPER TEACHER)!
I thought this year might be different from years in the past and I prayed to have a "normal" classroom(whatever that means). Last year I had an autistic child in my room and this year I have a child with Lyme Disease(mostly affects him mentally). He seems to be a smart little boy, but he has a lot of anger issues and doesn't like to be disciplined and is a runner. Please pray for me. I'm really not sure how to discipline him. I need to do some research to understand his disease so I can have a balance and know the difference between his disease and him just being disobedient. I know that he will be my CHALLENGE for this year. Even though this student makes my job harder, I'm sure that God will use this to make me a better teacher and person. I feel truly blessed to have a job that I LOVE and I see my job as a ministry!!! I LOVE WORKING WITH KIDS!!! I can't believe that another school year(this makes #7) has begun! Thank goodness for a holiday on Monday!!

6 comments:

Kylene said...

I LOVE your monkey theme. It's very cute. I don't have a theme...maybe I need one. Can I adopt your Just keep swimming motto too? I have the math coach in my room for the first 3 weeks of school and I am having to tell myself that. But it's definitely NOT the same as 26 kids. The most I had was 25, but they were 2nd graders, which makes a huge difference in independence levels! Good luck friend! Sept 8 isn't oo far off!!

Samantha said...

Your classroom looks great Amanda!! Your kids are going to have such a great time and learn so much! {And I would put a wager on you that you ARE Super Teacher!!}

S+S Kline said...

Your classroom is soooo cute! I love it! I know you are a super teacher and those kids love you! I'm praying for you!

Unknown said...

Your classroom looks great. I will be praying for you as you just keep swimming with your little fishies!

I missed you last week. Wednesdays just aren't the same without you!

Mary Ann said...

You are a wonderful teacher and I love working next door to you. I will help you however I can with your runner, but I know your will be great for him and his family.

GG said...

hey - my comment didn't show up last time! gr...but your room looks SO GREAT! i want to be a kindergartener in your class!