Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My little vacation to San Francisco and Napa

A couple of weeks ago I took a little vacation to visit my dearest friend Mindy in Napa. Apryl and I flew into San Francisco and spent the day there at Pier 39. We did a little shopping, eating, and site seeing before we headed to Napa.
Pier 39 with Alcatraz in the distance
Apryl and I on the "little tugboat" that took us on a tour of the bay
sea lions basking in the sun...what a life San Francisco is so beautiful, there's a ton of site seeing, and the weather is on the cool side. I really enjoyed my time there.
From there we headed to Napa to stay the weekend with Mindy. Napa is breath taking with all it's vineyards. I love the wine country!
just look at those grapes the Domanine Carneros Estate...looks like a castle and is so beautiful...we did a wine tasting tour here our cute little dinner on the patio Chef Mindy...we got to watch her do a demo lesson at the university...it was AWESOME to see her in action! Mindy, Apryl, and I at the Greystone Restaurant at CIA(Culinary Institute of America)...what a dinner!
Point Reyes lighthouse...we hiked 300 stairs to see fog! the view from the lighthouse...it was a foggy day=( driving on the Golden Gate Bridge...so AWESOME!
We had a fun trip and it was so great to catch up on life with Mindy. It was neat to see what her every day life is like and to see her being the GREAT Chef that I always knew she would be! We laughed a lot which is always the best medicine!! I love CA!!

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Looks like you had a great time Amanda!! I love California too... and miss it!

S+S Kline said...

Oh, I'm soooo envious!! I really am glad that you had such an amazing time...you are the busiest girl ever! I can't believe all the places you've been this summer...it is so wonderful! It was soooo great to see those beautiful pics of you girls with dear Min!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun..wish I could have been there! I like the pic of the GG bridge..that is so cool.
yates

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!