Monday, November 26, 2007

All the Craziness of Black Friday!!!

This past Friday, I must have been out of my mind, crazy!! On my b-day I woke up at 1:30 a.m. to leave Duncan at 2:00 a.m. to head to Wichita Falls, TX with my BF from high school, her sister, and mom to go shopping. I love shopping, but this was an entirely new experience! There are a lot of crazy people out at 4 a.m. Teri and her family have this Black Friday shopping thing down. On the road they had all their adds and were making a list of all the items and stores that we had to hit. I didn't come very prepared and the only thing that was on my list was to buy a lap top computer(I know all my closest friends are reading in amazement at this news-but I'm really trying hard to get caught up on new technology!), which I was planning to purchase at Best Buy, only to find out the line was like 3 blocks long and the store only had 3, and crazy people had camped out over night! So we decided not to even try. Our first stop was Kohl's. Then we headed to drop Amy(Teri's sis)off at Target where she waited outside in the cold for 2 hrs, while we headed to JC Penney's. Then we were off to Wal Mart, where I got a really good deal on a lap top and printer not to mention a new digital camera and a really cool digital photo frame. I know HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME AND MERRY CHRISTMAS, TOO!! After that we hooked back up at Target with Amy. The Target experience was the craziest of all! The line was like forever long and right before the doors opened a crowd of like 100 people tried to rush the door! We were at the front of the line, thanks to Amy waiting in the freezing cold, and then there was the crazy man ahead of us who I thought might kill someone who tried to cut in front of him! He kept on screaming to the door rushers "THE LINE IS DOWN THE ROAD" over and over again! As soon as the doors opened, I felt like I was cattle being driven inside. Good thing I didn't fall or I would have been trampled all over! We hit 5 stores in like 2 hrs. and had gotten everything on the list. We did good! The rest of the day was spent going back and forth to these same 5 stores getting good deals that weren't on the list! After all our shopping we headed to one of my favorite places to eat, Olive Garden! We arrived back in Duncan at 6 p.m. Talk about a long, fun day of shopping! I really had a great b-day getting to do two of my favorite things: spending time with my dearest friend Teri and going shopping! Can't wait to do it all over again next year-I'll come better prepared! Thanks Teri for making my b-day special!! Another BIG THANKS goes out to all my other friends who called or sent Happy B-Day messages to me! You are all the best and I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends in my life!!

3 comments:

Glo said...

ADB-

You are a ROCK STAR! I can't believe you woke up so early to go shopping! Amazing!

Miss you!

Liz said...

THAT sounds crazy and amazing! Incredible! I'm jealous!

Unknown said...

Glad you had a fun birthday! We were thinking about you!