Sunday, October 26, 2008

Camping and Hiking in OK!

me, dad, mom, and Melissa

Two weekends ago a group of my friends(about 15) headed to OK to camp at my parent's place and then we headed to the Wichita Mountains to do some hiking. The guys put up their tents on the hillside along with a few girls that wanted to take in the whole camping experience. I bet you can guess where I slept...yes, of course I slept in the house along with a few other girls. My mom took good care of us and cooked us some amazing meals over the weekend. On Saturday we headed to the mountains to do some hiking. It was truly amazing to be out in God's creation! What's the difference between a buffalo and a bison? We saw this buffalo up close...well Kevin and Erik went really close to get this great pic. The crew at the top of a mountain that we hiked up. Rach and I...isn't the view of the river AMAZING! Melissa jumping off a 15 foot cliff into the river. The water was freezing! I gave into peer pressure and jumped, too. I jumped from the baby cliff(8 feet high). Crazy, I know!! We visited the Holy City. We ate at Meers before we headed back to Duncan. The best hamburgers and peach cobbler around! It was a truly amazing weekend! We got to my parent's place around 10 on Friday night and set up tents and set around the campfire. Saturday morning my mom fixed us a big breakfast of biscuits and gravy before we headed out to hike. After Meers we had smores by the campfire. Sunday morning my mom fixed pancakes and bacon for breakfast and we had some praise and worship time outside by the campfire. We threw the frisbee around outside and played washers until lunch. For lunch my mom made company casserole, salad, and for dessert banana pudding(my favorite). We spent the afternoon watching the Cowboys game(really wasn't worth watching bc they forgot to show up). Later that afternoon we headed back to Fort Worth. I had so much fun with my friends and it was really great to spend some time with my family and they always like meeting my friends. Thanks mom and dad for hosting and taking such good care of us!!!

5 comments:

Liz said...

what a fun weekend! let me just say i am SO PROUD OF YOU for jumping off that cliff!!! i would have been so scared!

and what is company casserole???? it sounds too yummy. =)

Anonymous said...

darnet..wish i could have been there..i haven't seen the "pretty" part of OK yet! =)

Anonymous said...

that was me..yates..up there..i forgot sign my name

Amy D. said...

is that the buffalo that lives down the street from your mom and dad?

HAHAHAHA

Kylene said...

Wish I could have been there. Sooo sad to miss out!