Sunday, April 13, 2008

Fun Times With My L.I.T. Girls!!!


This past Friday night, Ashley(the 5th grade girls small group leader)hosted a sleepover at her house for the 5th and 6th grade girls of L.I.T.(Leadership In Training). The adventures all started when I got to pick up and take 4 of my girls to the party. Let's just say we kinda got a little lost on our way...we only ended up being an hour late(I told the girls that we arrived fashionably late)...not to mention all the memories created in the car...hmmm thanks to Carly I can't get this continuous laughing out of my head(seriously,she didn't stop laughing for 15 min.straight-we don't even know what she was laughing about!). Once we finally got to the party we all had so much fun! We had pizza to eat and lot's of good snack foods to munch on throughout the night. The girls taught Ashley, Emily, and I some dance moves to a song from Hair Spray. I'm sure that was a sight to see(picture 12 girls and 3 adults dancing around and having fun in the living room)! After dancing we thought we needed a little bit of fresh air so we decided to take a hike(2 miles total)to a near by school with a playground. The girls had so much fun playing! Once we got back from our hike was craft time. I love CRAFT TIME(being the K teacher that I am)! We decorated pillows. They turned out so cute! After craft time was makeovers. The girls had a partner and they took turns doing each other's makeup. This was a sight to see because most of the girls have never put on makeup before. Let's just say that some of them did a good job, but there were a few that were like WOW...really not so much blush! To end the night, we put in a movie and got in our p.j.'s to fall fast asleep. Yeah, right I'm sure the girls were up all night-but the adults did get some sleep! Thanks Ashley for hosting the sleepover and including the 6th grade girls and I in all the fun!!! Fun times!!! I love these girls!!! God has truly used these girls and our friendship to be one of the BIGGEST blessings in my life!!!

5 comments:

Liz said...

that sounds SO fun!

Unknown said...

Maybe I need to watch Hairspray. :)

Ashley C. said...

You're welcome! You know I had a blast!

Ashley C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley C. said...

You're welcome! You know I had a blast!