Monday, December 17, 2007

GO MAVS!!!

This past Friday night I went to watch the Mavericks take on the Hornets at the A.A.C. with my really good friend, Yates. She got me a ticket as a b-day and Christmas gift. I know, really great gift, right! Thank goodness we weren't at Texas Stadium because it came a down pour and was extremely cold weather. That's one thing great about b-ball is that it doesn't matter what the weather is like outside bc the game is played inside! Anyway, we had an AWESOME time!! Here's a couple of funny stories from Friday night: While trying to find parking, we pulled up to a lot that was a block away to discover that it cost $25 to park there- we were like yeah right! So we drove another block down to discover a $15 parking lot-we continued another block down to discover a $10 parking lot where we decided to park. At the time it seemed like an ok decision only to find out that after the game it was raining a little heavy-maybe we should have paid a little extra on second thought. Oh well, we had fun walking and getting all wet in the freezing cold, not to mention I could no longer feel my toes due to the fact that my socks had gotten wet! Inside, before the game started, we went to every fan shop trying to find that perfect Mav shirt that didn't cost $50 or more. I'm still hunting, but settled on a $20 shirt, which I'm still debating on whether it's a night shirt or night. I think I figured it out though-a night shirt wouldn't have a hood on it-so I definitely think that it's ok to wear out in public. Not sure I really like it all that much, though. The game was fun and we had good seats. Best of all the Mavs won and I got to spend some time with Yates!!
After the game, we were on a hunt to find the BIG Dallas Christmas Tree. We found it, but once we found it it was another story in how to get to it and where to park. The streets are so crazy in Dallas! Finally, after making a square around the block(like 4 times)we discovered where to park and how to walk up to the beautiful, big tree. It was a BIG, BEAUTIFUL CHRISTMAS TREE!! I wonder how they put all those lights on the tree and the star at the top? So glad that I didn't have that job!
Thanks Yates for the Mavs ticket and a fun night! I am so thankful for our friendship!!

No comments: