Saturday, September 8, 2007

Runner Up Champs!

Over the long Labor Day weekend I went with the Thompson crew(a family who I babysit for and have gotten really close to)to Round Rock to watch Luke(their 6th grade son)play baseball. We left Saturday around noon for Round Rock. Luke's first game got delayed due to rain so we had some extra time and decided to head to the mall to do some shopping. Luke played 2 games on Saturday and his team won their first game, but lost their second game. We left the ballpark at 11:30 that night! Then we drove another 40 mins. to stay with Gayle's brother. When we pulled up there was a note on the door that said "come on in". They had already gone to bed-I would have done the same thing! The next morning we got to hang at their beautiful, big house. We had some yummy breakfast tacos! Gayle's brother builds motorcycles for fun, so he showed me one he was working on and told me all about it. I really liked it because it was a purple bike! Gayle's brother, sister-in-law, and their two kids are great! That afternoon we all headed to watch Luke play baseball. He won his first game, but lost the Championship game. His team played so good! Luke is such a great player-when he wasn't playing pitcher, he was catching!! Sunday afternoon, between games, we grabbed dinner at Whataburger,(my first time to eat there)it was pretty good, but not as good as Braums! We also had time to do some shopping at IKEA,(my first time in this store, too)OMG-it's HUGE AND SO COOL! I could have spent a lot of money if I had my own house to decorate. I had such a great weekend with the Thompson's and I really enjoyed watching Luke play baseball! Thanks for asking me to tag along!!

No comments: